At Douglas Women’s Center, PC, our patients are not “just another number.” Each day, we strive to achieve patient excellence and believe every patient encounter should be a positive experience for the woman who has entrusted us with her healthcare needs.
We appreciate every opportunity to assist patients in achieving their optimum level of health by offering state-of-the-art services coupled with patient education, thus encouraging lifelong healthy living.
From teen care to motherhood, to menopausal management and beyond, we believe knowledge is power, and our providers take pride in educating our patients so they may live the healthiest life possible.
We also understand that our patients lead very busy lives, and we are proud to offer many in-office services to make getting the care patients need as convenient as possible.
Gynecologic Care Includes The Following:
- Abnormal Pap Smears
- da Vinci Robotic Surgery (Performed by Dr. Vidya Soundararajan) Looking for da Vinci patient experience stories from people like you? Visit the da Vinci Gynecology Patient Experiences web page and search through stories by location, medical condition, and more.
- Family Planning (Infertility, Artificial Insemination, Permanent Sterilization, Oral Contraception, Progesterone Only Birth Control Methods And IUDs)
- Health Education
- Heavy Periods
- Hormone Studies
- Irregular Periods
- Interstitial Cystitis
- Management of HPV
- Menopausal Care
- Pelvic Pain
- Peri-Menopausal Care
- Sexually Transmitted Disease Testing
- Teen Care And Education
- Urinary Problems
- Uterine Fibroid Management And Treatment
- Vaginal Infections
- Well Woman Care (Annual Exams, Breast Exam, Pap Smear / New “HPV” Pap Smear When Indicated)
Procedures And Services Offered In-Office Include The Following:
- Artificial Insemination
- Breast And Pelvic Ultrasounds
- DEXA Bone Density Screening, which is used to diagnose osteopenia or osteoporosis.
- Implanon Insertion (Temporary Method Of Birth Control)
- IUD Insertion - Mirena And Paragard - (Method Of Birth Control)
- Mammograms (For Screening Purposes Only)
- Note: We are unable to perform mammograms for our patients who have had breast augmentation and for those who have Aetna HMO insurance. We apologize for the inconvenience.
- PST (Potassium Sensitivity Testing) helps diagnose problems of the bladder, such as interstitial cystitis.
- Sonohysterogram, which is an examination of the uterine cavity to determine the presence abnormalities, such as uterine fibroids, polyps, thickening of the endometrial lining, etc.
- Treatment of abnormal Pap smears to include LEEP, Laser, Colposcopy and Cryotherapy
- Urodynamic studies to assess the function of the lower urinary tract (bladder, urethra, and pelvic floor muscles) by measuring various aspects of bladder filling and emptying.
Determined by our providers, a patient may also be a candidate for the following in-office procedures:
- Treatment option for heavy bleeding: Endometrial Ablation using Thermachoice or NovaSure
- Permanent Contraception: Essure
We thank you for considering Douglas Women’s Center for your unique healthcare needs. Whether it is time for your annual exam or you require evaluation of a gynecological problem, we encourage you to call 770-941-8662, and a live operator will be happy to direct you to our scheduling team.